Preparation time: 25 minutes (if making own pastry)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 150g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 80ml water
Filling ingredients :
- 4 eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 4 leeks
- 1 onion
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 20g butter
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small squares and gradually rub into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add the water.
- Butter the tin and roll pastry to fit.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas 6).
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry for 10 minutes or until lightly cooked.
- Cut the onion and leeks into thin slices and add to the bacon to fry for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, double cream, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour frying pan ingredients (bacon and leeks) onto the pastry in the tin.
- Pour the bowl ingredients on top.
- Leave in the oven for 30 minutes.
Melin Llynnon Flour, Castle Dairies butter, Trecastle eggs, Calon Wen milk, Charcutier bacon and Riverside Market Garden leeks.